• Vegetable oil
• 1 large slab pork belly
• One large yellow onion
• One large apple
• 5-6 cloves garlic
• 1 container pancetta
• 1 cup chicken stock
• 1 cup cider (Weston’s premium organic preferred)
• ¼ cup apple juice
• ¼ cup cider vinegar
• Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 2
• In a large cast-iron pot with top, heat the oil and brown the pork belly on both sides – do not rush this step.
• Move the pork belly to a plate.
• Chop large pieces of onion and apple. Mash the garlic cloves. Add all, and pancetta, to the oil in the pot. Heat on medium-low heat for about 6 minutes.
• Add the pork belly back into the pot and add in the liquid ingredients. Raise to medium heat, bring to a boil and let simmer for six minutes.
• Cover with tin foil and place the lid on the pot. Put in the oven and cook for 2-3 hours. Flip the pork belly midway through cooking.
• Right before serving, put the pork belly on a baking sheet and, using the grill option, put the fat as close to the flame as possible. Keep in long enough to crisp.
• Serve with a generous helping of sauce.